Now that the weather has warmed up, you may be starting to do some indoor and outdoor cleaning of your home. This is the perfect time of year to inspect your home’s windows for any problems or performance issues. As a homeowner it can be overwhelming to know what to look for, or how to know when it is time to replace your windows.
When inspecting your windows, here are five questions you should ask yourself:
- Do you feel a draft coming from your windows?
- If your windows are double-paned, is there condensation or fog in between the panes?
- Are your windows difficult to open or close?
- Are your windows showing signs of wear (rotting, warping, etc.)?
- Are your windows single-paned? (Single-paned windows increase your energy bill. Installing double-paned, triple-paned or gas-filled windows can maximize resistance to thermal conductivity and decrease your utility bill!)
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, then it is time to consider replacing your windows
New York Sash Advantage
At New York Sash we offer customers custom window solutions that provide high energy efficiency, increased curb appeal and are easy to use and maintain. Our windows are built to the highest standards and meet industry standards for insulation, structural strength and resistance to the elements. Our windows are built to withstand the everchanging Central New York weather and will provide customers with many long lasting benefits.
Ready to schedule a window inspection?
If you would like our remodeling experts to do a visual inspection of your windows schedule a free price quote. Our consultants will take a look at your windows and assess them for performance and structural strength and offer window replacement options and solutions.
For more window inspection tips visit our 7 window inspection tips blog.